International Journal of Discrimination Call For Papers: Submit
The Journal of Discrimination and the Law is seeking submissions for a special issue of their journal.
Covid-19: Lessons for and from Vulnerability Theory.
The organizers are inviting presentation proposals from interested parties on the theme.
31 October 2020. Manuscripts will be considered as they are received.
Contributions are welcome which explore experiences of the pandemic within a single state, geographical region or through a comparative approach and which consider the impact of the pandemic on one area of law and/or policy (for example, family law, social security law, medical law, economic law, employment law, etc.) or across legal and policy frameworks more generally. Relevant questions for consideration include:
- How have the state’s historical conceptions of vulnerability impacted on its responses to the current pandemic?
- Has the focus on ‘particularized bodies’ limited state responses to Covid-19?
- What has the pandemic revealed about the current construction of social relationships and institutions and how might a vulnerability approach be used in response?
- What do state responses to Covid-19 tell us about the current construction of the human body in legal and policy frameworks?
- What does the pandemic tell us about the role of legal subjectivity in constructing the relationships and institutions that order society for everyone?
- What has the pandemic exposed regarding who bears the burdens for the social reproduction of society and its institutions and how might this be impacted in future?
- What might the crisis mean for reimagining the ‘responsive state’?
The Call for Papers: International Journal of Discrimination is open for lawyers and other interested parties.
Submissions should be between 8,000-10,000 words (including references) are welcome.
Submissions should comply with the guidance available here: https://journals.sagepub.com/authorinstructions/JDI#WritingYourPaper. Submissions will be subject to full peer review.
The post International Journal of Discrimination Call For Papers: Submit appeared first on Law Truly.